Grand Cayman Marriott Family Review
Guest post by LaShonta Drinks
If you’re looking for a Caribbean destination to spend a fun-filled week relaxing and reconnecting with your family, there is no better place than the Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort.
“Welcome to the Beach House.”
From the moment we arrived we knew we were in for a treat. “Welcome to the beach house!” was the greeting by the staff and they immediately offered us a refreshing tropical drink.
‘Caymankind’ is a phrase used often by the locals and everyone did their best to make sure we felt it!
The Marriott Grand Cayman is a 4 Star Luxury Beach Resort located on the picturesque Seven Mile Beach.
The Marriott has all the things you would expect from a Caribbean resort including a Kid’s Club, full service spa, and fitness center but there’s more! It’s the thoughtful touches that are sure to delight everyone in your family.
Here are a few of my favorite things from our week long vacation at the Marriott in beautiful Grand Cayman.
- Delightful surprises on the beach. Every day around 2:00 pm, guests at the pool or on the beach were treated to something unexpected like cotton candy on Tuesday or fresh pineapple slices on Wednesday.
- Relief from a day in the sun. My personal favorite was a recipe and all the ingredients to make your own after sun cream.
- Extra help to get your workout on. Getting to the gym while on vacation is tough, but having the use of brand new state of the art gym equipment and fresh apples and headsets makes it just a little easier to burn away the Caribbean delights from the night before. If the gym is not your thing, there is a 7:00 am Rise with the Sun yoga class facing beautiful Seven Mile Beach twice a week. Yoga mats, towel and water are provided.
- Forgot to get a waterproof camera? No problem. Just check out a complimentary Go Pro cam for the day. It’s exclusive to select Marriott properties. We took an awesome trip to the Turtle Farm. They even provided free transportation to the farm. In addition to seeing the famous green sea turtles, we snorkeled in the lagoon and enjoyed the pool and water slide.We also spent a day at Stingray City that included an hour ride on a 65 foot catamaran (in which my soon to be 7 year-old son got a chance to take the wheel as the honorary captain. This trip also included a snorkeling stop to explore all the marine life at the nearby reef. Having the Go Pro made it easy to get awesome underwater shots and video.
- If you have a sense of exploration and want to learn more about Cayman history and heritage, getting around is easy. Exploring the island is easy and fun with free Linus Bikes. The Marriott is close to George Town where you can find The National Museum. The Marriott doesn’t charge a fee to check out a bicycle if an early morning ride around the island is your idea of fun. If biking isn’t for you, it’s easy and inexpensive to take public transportation.
- Need a night to connect with your main squeeze? The Pajama Party for the kids is just the ticket to keep the little ones occupied with their own fun while the big kids have a little fun with each other.
- Fun all around for the entire family. Family trivia night and making s’mores during the Starry Night Beach Bonfire are both great activities for the entire family.
We’ve been to a few different Caribbean Islands over the last few years, but our week in Grand Cayman was unforgettable and surprisingly special.
The little touches at the Marriott and the display of “Caymankind” all over the island helped my family disconnect from our busy, hurried city life and reconnect and bond in a special way.
Here’s a video featuring local artist and their interpretation of Caymankind.
LaShonta Drinks resides in Atlanta, GA with her husband and 7 year old son. She and her family has a passion for travel and inspiring other families to explore the globe.